We are happy to provide more information about validating your transfer with 3D Secure (3DS). Additionally, we'll also provide step-by-step tutorials for various banks in France and Italy, which you can find at the end of this page.
What is 3DS?
3D Secure, also known as 3DS, is a security standard developed by Visa and MasterCard. It enhances the security of online credit and debit card transactions.
How does a 3D Secure payment work?
3D Secure adds an extra layer of security to online transactions. For example, in order to complete a transfer via Taptap Send, you will be asked to verify your identity by entering a unique password, an SMS code, or a temporary PIN.
Here are the options your bank may offer to authorise the transaction:
- via mobile banking app
- using a passcode sent via text message or via your bank’s app
- confirming the password in your bank’s app
- using a card reader
We understand the importance of sending timely payments. To avoid delays, please follow these steps:
- Make sure your contact details, such as email and mobile number, are up to date with your bank
- Download your bank's app, and check that you have already logged in your online banking account
- Make sure that notifications from your bank’s app are enabled on your mobile phone
- Authorize the transaction with your bank within the allowed timing (usually within minutes)
What if my Taptap Send transfer failed because of 3DS?
- Update your Taptap Send app to the latest version available on your app store (Google/ Apple)
- Make sure you have installed and logged in your bank app, with push notifications enabled
- If your bank requires it, be sure to enable online transactions and money transfer payments in your bank app’s settings
- If you are still unable to pass 3DS, it's possible that your bank rejected the transfer. We recommend contacting your bank to ensure that all your details are up to date, as mentioned above. Rest assured, if 3DS fails, your funds will not be charged by us.
3DS flow for specific banks
Please select your country and then choose your bank to access detailed guidance tailored to your specific bank's 3DS procedures.
- La Banque Postale (French)
- La Banque Postale (Darija)
- BNP Paribas (French)
- Société Générale (French)
- Le Crédit Lyonnais (LCL) (French)
- Boursorama (French)
- La Banque Populaire (French)
- La Banque Populaire (Darija)
- Crédit Mutuel (French)
Instructions for transfers with Postepay as below.
- How to use Postepay card with Taptap Send
- How to authorise Taptap Send transfers in the BancoPosta / PostePay app
For more information about transactions with Postepay, please see here.