How can you send money to Liberia?
You can send money via Taptap Send to MTN or Orange mobile money wallet.
How much will you pay to send to Liberia?
If sent from the US, we will charge a small fee of $2.50 per transfer, regardless of the amount you send.
If sent from anywhere else, we will simply charge a small percentage of the exchange rate and will not charge any extra fee.
How much can you send?
You can send funds up to the maximum limits permitted by our standard sending policies. Please click here to see.
If you sent money to the wrong person or to the wrong number, what can you do?
Please always double-check every transaction detail before you send money. We make it easy for you to edit any transfer details before the final payment confirmation step.
Make sure you input the correct phone number. If you made a mistake with the recipient’s phone number, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do. As long as it is a valid phone number, even if the name doesn’t match, the transaction is processed once you confirm payment and the fund cannot be reversed.
Tips for the recipient
Please find below some useful information to help your recipient cash out money with Orange in Liberia:
- Your recipient needs to visit an Orange shop or an authorized Orange Money agent, and provide their phone number
- They will receive the confirmation request SMS on their mobile phone
- Dial *144# and press 'send' or 'call'
- When prompted, confirm the transaction with their secret PIN and press 'send' or 'call'
- They will receive a confirmation via SMS and can then collect the money. Please note that cash-out fees may apply.
*Information about the receiving side might be subject to change. Please check the Orange Liberia website for the most updated information.