How can you send money to the Dominican Republic?
You can send money for cash pickup services via Caribe Express, or have cash delivered to your recipient’s home address in DOP or USD.
How much will you pay to send to the Dominican Republic?
For transfers received in DOP, we will simply charge a small percentage of the exchange rate and no additional transfer fees.
For transfers received in USD:
- If sent from the US, we will charge a small fee of $2 per transfer
- If sent from anywhere else, we will simply charge a small percentage of the exchange rate and no other transfer fees.
How much can you send?
You can send funds up to the maximum limits permitted by our standard sending policies. Please click here to see.
What can you do if you send money to the wrong person or to the wrong number?
If you entered incorrect information of your recipient by mistake, please send us an email at email@example.com via your registered email address so we can review the situation with you. We might be able to cancel the transaction and refund if the funds have not been picked up or delivered yet.
Please always double-check every transaction detail before you send money. We make it easy for you to edit any transfer details before the final payment confirmation step.
Home cash delivery
If you entered a wrong phone number, recipient’s name or address, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org via your registered email address. We will review the situation with you.
Tips for the recipient
Please find below some useful information to help your recipient to cash out their Caribe Express transfer in Dominican Republic:
- Your recipient can cash out their transfer at any agency of the Caribe Express kiosk/Agent
- Check the Caribe Express website here to find the nearest agent and their opening hours
- Your recipient will have to provide their government-issued ID, the transaction number (cash pickup code), as well as the sender’s and the transfer amount.
- You can share the transaction number with your recipient by tapping on the transfer in the Taptap Send app and copying the ‘Transfer ID’, or take a screenshot and share it with them.
For further assistance, please advise your recipient to contact Caribe Express directly.