How can you send money to Cameroon?
You can send money to Cameroon through MTN or Orange Mobile money
How much will you pay to send to Cameroon?
You will pay a flat fee of 2,50 EUR from Europe.
If you are not sending from Europe, we will simply charge a small % on the exchange rate and will not charge any extra fees at all.
How much can you send?
How much you can send depends on the mobile wallet operator you have selected:
- Minimum sending is 5,000 XAF
- Maximum sending is 500,000 XAF
- Minimum sending is 5000 XAF
- Maximum sending is 300,000 XAF
- Daily Maximum sending is 2.500 XAF
If you sent money to the wrong person or to the wrong number, what can you do?
MTN and Orange
If you made a mistake with the recipient’s phone number unfortunately there is nothing we can do as the funds cannot be reversed. The name should not be that much of a problem as long as the phone number is correct.
It is important to always double-check before sending your transfer to make sure the details are accurate. Taptap Send allows editing everything until the very last step for that reason.
Tips for the recipient
Please find below some useful information to help your recipient to cash out money through MTN in Cameroon:
- To access their MTN account in order to view their balance, their last transactions or change their PIN code, the recipient will need to dial *126# and choose option 7 "My account" or go to mobilemoney.mtn.cm to access their account from a computer;
- If they have forgotten their PIN code, they will have to dial * 126 #, then select 7 "My account" and follow the procedure;
- To find the nearest MTN withdrawal points, they should visit the website: https://mtn.cm/momo/how-to/point-of-sales/;
- For further assistance, they can contact MTN via chat from: https://mtn.cm/help/ or by filling in the form
- Moreover, if they are unable to withdraw money from one agency, it is always worth trying another.
Please find below some useful information to help your recipient to cash out money through Orange in Cameroon:
- To withdraw the money, your recipient will have to go to any Orange Money agency and they will have to provide their Orange phone number, the amount they want to withdraw, their proof of ID and the agent will give them the amount requested after verifying that the account is registered under your recipient's name. Your recipient will then receive an SMS notification confirming the transaction;
- For further assistance, they can contact Orange Money support by phone on 950 or 951, by email: email@example.com, by Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/orangecameroun, or by Twitter: https://twitter.com/Orange_Cameroun;
- Also, if it doesn't work at one agency, it's always worth trying at another.