How can you send money to Bangladesh?
You can send money to a bKash Mobile Money wallet and bank transfers to any bank.
We also have an article to explain the 2.5% incentive HERE
How much will you pay to send to Bangladesh?
EU/UK/US/CAN: we will simply charge a small % of the exchange rate and will not charge any extra fees at all.
How much can you send?
How much you can send depends on the provider you want to send money to, here are the specifics:
- Minimum sending amount is 3,000 BDT
- Maximum daily amount is 125,000 BDT
- Maximum weekly amount is 450,000 BDT
- Maximum monthly amount is 450,000 BDT
Any amount between 3,000 BDT and £2,000.
If you sent money to the wrong person or to the wrong number, what can you do?
If you made a mistake with the recipient’s phone number unfortunately there is nothing we can do as the funds cannot be reversed. The name should not be that much of a problem as long as the phone number is correct.
It is important to always double-check before sending your transfer to make sure the details are accurate. Taptap Send allows editing everything until the very last step for that reason.
We cannot modify or refund bank transfers once they are processed so it's very important to make sure that the details are correct.
Tips for the recipient
Please find below some useful information to help your recipient cash out money with bKash in Bangladesh
- The code asked is the secret PIN chosen by your recipient when he opened the mobile account;
- To consult their e-wallet balance and see if the transfer arrived, they can dial *247#
- If they need more assistance, they can call the bKash Customer Service at 16247
- If it doesn’t work in an agency, it’s always worth trying in another one;
- For direct support with bKash Customer Service they can also send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or live chat at https://livechat.bkash.com/