How can you send money to Ethiopia?
You can send:
- MM transfers to Amole and HelloCash
- Bank transfers to Commercial Bank of Ethiopia and Dashen bank
How much will you pay to send to Ethiopia?
We will simply charge a small % on the exchange rate and will not charge any extra fees at all.
How much can you send?
It all depends on where you send money to
Amole: no min and max is 125,000 EBT
HelloCash: min is 25 and max is 30,000 EBT
Banks: min is 100 and max is 135,000 EBT
What can you do if you send money to the wrong person or to the wrong number?
If you made a mistake with the recipient’s phone number unfortunately there is nothing we can do as the funds cannot be reversed. The name should not be that much of a problem as long as the phone number is correct.
It is important to always double-check before sending your transfer to make sure the details are accurate. Taptap Send allows editing everything until the very last step for that reason.
Tips for the recipient
Please find below some useful information to help your recipient cash out the money with Amole in Ethiopia:
- Make sure your recipient has registered their Amole e-wallet. If needed, your recipient can visit any of the nearest Dashen Branches/Agents for registration.
- Your recipient can cash out from Dashen Bank AMT’s or any agent location. They can use the following link to locate the nearest AMT available or use this link to find the nearest branch.
- Recipients can use their Amole wallet to fund transfers, pay bills and pay diverse merchants without needing to cash out.
- For further assistance, your recipient can contact Amole Payment Services on their 16h Operation Centre by dialling 6294; or Dashen’s Contact Center 24h Support by dialling 6333.
- Alternatively, they can also call their 8h Support Channel on the following numbers: 0989-16-32-18; 0905-69-83-45; 0905-69-58-12 or reach Dashen Bank directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information regarding Amole, you can visit their website here.
Please find below some useful information to help your recipient cash out the money with HelloCash in Ethiopia:
- Your recipient can cash out from any HelloCash agent.
- The recipient can pay their bills directly using the e-wallet without needing to cash out. They can also pay taxes and make direct payments.
- No need to give a PIN number but your recipient will need the phone number attached to the e-wallet.
- For further assistance, your recipient can get in touch with HelloCash by phone: +251 116 174455 or email: email@example.com.
- For more information regarding HelloCash, you can visit their website here.
- If needed, your recipient can use the following link to locate the nearest AMT available or use this link to find the nearest branch.
- For further assistance, your recipient can contact Dashen Bank by phone: +251 11 518 3091 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, for information regarding Dashen Bank, you can visit their website here.