How can you send money to Guinea?
You can send money to Guinea to an MTN or Orange mobile wallet.
How much will you pay to send money to Guinea?
We will simply charge a small percentage of the exchange rate and no additional transfer fees.
How much can you send?
You can send funds up to the maximum limits permitted by our standard sending policies. Please click here to see them.
If you sent money to the wrong person or to the wrong number, what can you do?
Please always double-check every transaction detail before you send money. We make it easy for you to edit any transfer details before the final payment confirmation step.
Make sure you input the correct phone number. If you made a mistake with the recipient’s phone number, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do. As long as it is a valid phone number, even if the name doesn’t match, the transaction is processed once you confirm payment and the fund cannot be reversed.
Tips for the recipient
Please find below some useful information to help your recipient to cashout the funds with MTN Guinea:
- Your recipient needs to visit an affiliate MTN agent/store
- Inform the agent of their phone number and the amount they’d like to withdraw
- Your recipient will receive a flash message on their phone and needs to confirm the withdrawal by tapping in their secret PIN
- They can also initiate the cash withdrawal on their phone (“paiement marchand”): Enter *440#, press OK, choose option 5 and follow the instructions
*Information about the receiving side might be subject to change. Please check MTN website for the most updated information.
Please find below some useful information to help your recipient cash out with Orange Money in Guinea:
- When receiving an international transfer, the money will be moved to their sub-account "Réception Internationale". To access this account, they should dial *144# ten choose "option 1.Transfert d’argent" and then "2.Réception Internationale"
- To consult their e-wallet balance and see if the transfer arrived, they can dial *144*3# or *144*1*2*1#;
- Your recipient can withdraw the money from the account "Réception Internationale" at an affiliate Orange agent
- They can also transfer the remittance amount to their main account (compte principal) by dialing *144*1*2# on their phone, and choose option “Transfert vers compte principal”.
Information about the receiving side might be subject to change. Please check Orange Guinea website for the most updated information.