How can you send money to CIV?
You can send money to a mobile money wallet via MTN, Orange Money, and Moov.
How much will you pay to send to Ivory Coast?
You will pay a flat fee of 2 EUR from Europe.
If you are sending from outside the Eurozone, we will simply charge a small percentage of the exchange rate and no additional transfer fees.
How much can you send?
You can send funds up to the maximum limits permitted by our standard sending policies. Please click here to see.
If you sent money to the wrong person or to the wrong number, what can you do?
Make sure you input the correct phone number. If you made a mistake with the recipient’s phone number, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do. As long as it is a valid wallet with the phone number, the transaction is processed once you confirm payment and the fund cannot be reversed.
For transfers sending to Orange or Wave Money wallets, in case you entered the wrong phone number, and the money hasn’t been cashed out, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org via your registered email address. We will review the situation with you.
Tips for the recipient
Please find below some useful information to help your recipient to cash out money in MTN in Ivory Coast:
At the agency, your recipient will have to validate the transaction with the PIN code that he chose when they opened the mobile account and he will receive a SMS with all transaction details;
For more assistance, he can call MTN Customer Service at *133#
And also, if it doesn’t work in an agency, it’s always worth trying another one
Please find below some useful information to help your recipient to cash out money in Orange Money in Ivory Coast:
- Your recipient can visit any agent officially partnered with Orange Money. Provide their phone number and the amount of money they wish to cash out.
- Mention to the agent that they are picking up an intra-regional transfer to avoid being charged cashout fees
- Your recipient might want to upgrade their Orange Money wallet from Lite to Full wallet to increase the receiving limits and avoid cashout fees. To do this, provide the agent with their national ID or passport
- Dial #120# on their phone in order to enter their PIN code (code secret) and confirm the withdrawal. They may then receive an SMS to verify the authentication of the transaction
- Alternatively, your recipient can also cash out the money at any ATM in Orange Money network (max 100,000 FCFA). They will need to dial #144*82*[their secret code]# to get the authorization code.
Please find below some useful information to help your recipient to cash out money in Moov in Ivory Coast:
To consult their wallet balance to see if the transfer has arrived, they can dial *100#
To retrieve money from the bank's ATMs, they can dial *155*8*4#
To retrieve money in a Moov agency, they can dial *155*2*1#
To retrieve money from abroad, they can dial *155*1*3#
For more assistance, they can call Moov Customer Service at 1010/1011
And also, if it doesn’t work in an agency, it’s always worth trying in another one