How can you send money to Senegal?
You can send money to Senegal via Wizall/Proximo or Orange Mobile Money (Wari is not available at the moment).
If you are interested in sending money to Orange with absolutely *NO* cashout fees, please review our article here
How much will pay to send to Senegal?
If you send to Wizall and from Europe, you will pay a fixed fee of 2 euros no matter how much you send.
If you send to Orange, or to Wizall from the UK, you will only pay a small % on the exchange rate and no additional fee at all!
For our Italian users: we know that some customers have ongoing issues with their Postepay cards in Italy. To support them during this difficult time, we are reducing sending fees to just €1 for the next few months. This temporary reduced fee allows customers to send smaller amounts more often.
How much can you send?
You can send funds up to the maximum limits permitted by our standard sending policies. Please click here to see.
If you sent money to the wrong person or to the wrong number, what can you do?
If you sent your transfer to the wrong number with Wizall, we cannot modify the transfer directly but we can cancel it so you can resend it to the correct person. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org from the address you registered an account with and our team will help you.
Please remember that we cannot cancel a transfer that has been already been picked up.
If you made a mistake with the recipient’s phone number unfortunately there is nothing we can do as the funds cannot be reversed. The name should not be that much of a problem as long as the phone number is correct. That can vary depending on providers though.
It is important to always double-check before sending your transfer to make sure the details are accurate. Taptap Send allows editing everything until the very last step for that reason.
Tips for the recipient
Please find below some useful information to help your recipient cash-out money with Orange in Senegal:
- Your recipient can check their Orange Wallet balance using Orange et Moi or Orange Money apps
- The transfer should land in the main wallet
- Your recipient can also check his mobile account balance by dialling #144# and following the instructions;
- In order to receive his first transfer from France, your recipient should remove the cap on his mobile account by going to an Orange Money agency with his ID;
- To modify his PIN code, your recipient must dial #144#73# and follow the steps;
- For more assistance, your recipient can contact the Orange Money support by Facebook: facebook.com/orange.sn, by Twitter: @SupportOrange, by email: email@example.com or by phone: 1444;
- And also, if it doesn’t work in an agency, it’s always worth trying in another one.
The best way for your recipient to find out where the agents are located in each region would be to download the Wizall App through their smartphone. This will enable them to geolocate the closest Wizall/Proximo agent.
Remember that any Proximo agent and all post office will also be a Wizall pickup point, so your recipient could try them too.
There are tens of thousands Wizall/Proximo agents in Senegal, so we are certain one is waiting to assist your recipient. We also have a list of Wizall agents available on our website if you want to consult it and share it with your recipient:
Another tip is for the recipient to call Wizall directly to receive live assistance from their Customer Care team, their contact number is 338649900.