What do you need to open an account at Taptap Send from Canada?
Just a Canadian phone number and a Canadian bank card!
What cards can you use to send money:
- Debit cards
- Visa or Mastercard branded
Cards you cannot use
- Credit cards
- Pre-paid cards
- Corporate card
Please see this article for a full list of ‘What cards can I use’.
How much do you pay to send?
We will simply charge a small percentage of the exchange rate and no additional transfer fees. We review the rate every day and always fight to get you the best deal available.
If you'd like to, you can advance the cashout fees for your recipients (where applicable). See more on this in this article
If you've created a Taptap Send account outside of Quebec and later travel to Quebec, please be aware that you won't be able to send money while you're in the province. Taptap Send in Quebec is exclusively available for residents of Quebec. However, you can still use your Taptap Send account in any other location outside of Quebec.
Verifying your account
It's super easy to verify your account at Taptap Send: send us an ID and a selfie when you are prompted to, and your sending limits will be lifted. We may require additional documents, but you will be informed directly if that's the case.
These are the documents that we accept to remove the sending limits from your account:
- Valid Canadian driver’s licence (as permitted by provincial law)
- Current Canadian passport
- Birth certificate issued in Canada
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) card issued by the Government of Canada
- Old Age Security card issued by the Government of Canada
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Provincial or territorial health insurance card that can be used as ID under provincial or territorial law
- Certificate of Canadian Citizenship or Certification of Naturalization
- Permanent Resident card or an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) official document