My transaction is not being processed
We are sorry to hear about this, we know how important it is for you and your loved ones for your transfer to be completed on time. We do our best to process your transfer as quickly as possible in the case of a technical or operational issue from our partners. Rest assured that we are aware and are doing all we can to update your transfer promptly. .
We understand that you want to be notified as soon as your transfer is completed. You will receive a notification directly on our application and the status of your transfer will also be updated as soon as the situation changes.
As soon as the transfer is processed, it is automatically updated in the app. Kindly remember that we cannot cancel a pending transfer. Please check the home screen of the app to see the current status of your transfer:
In Progress: Your transfer is in progress and we are working on completing it - if further information is needed - we will inform you.
Delivered: Your recipient has now received the funds
Failed: Your transfer could not be processed and the funds will be released to your bank account 3 to 5 days after the transfer failed
My transaction failed
There are numerous reasons why a transaction would not go through or would fail.
Your bank did not authorise the transfer
A transaction might not be authorised by your bank depending on many reasons: insufficient funds, limits of card usage reached, blocked or inactive card. To know the specific reason, please do contact your card issuer/ bank. The transaction was not authorised so no funds have been blocked.
Your transfer could not go through the 3ds process
In order to complete an online purchase, the cardholder might be asked to verify their identity by entering a unique password, an SMS code, or a temporary PIN. For more information, you can contact your bank or card issuer. The transaction was not authorised so no funds have been blocked.
To avoid 3DS issues, you should do the following:
- Make sure your contact details, such as email and mobile number, are up to date with your bank
- Download your bank's app, and check that you’re signed into your online banking account
- Make sure that notifications from your bank’s app are enabled on your mobile phone
Your transfer has failed due to a technical issue/recipient's wallet issue/verification issue:
When a transfer fails - you will see a notification on the app and there will also be further information once you click on the transfer which will outline the reasons for the failure. These are the common reasons for transfer failures:
- Your transfer might fail due to a technical issue on our partner's end
- The recipient's mobile money wallet may be full or unable to hold the entire amount that was being sent. Please make sure they check their balance and wallet maximum limit – they may be able to increase their limit by visiting a mobile money agent or contacting the Mobile provider. If it is a bank transfer - the recipient's details might be inaccurate or incomplete
- Your transfer might also fail due to the failure to provide and upload a document and selfie to verify your identity. We invite you to follow the instructions on the app to be able to complete the process
Having explained this - in all the above cases - whenever there is an authorisation of the funds from a bank/card issuer, the funds which are temporarily held will be released by the latter to the original payment method in 3-5 business days or 10 business days (US/CAN only)
I am waiting for a refund
If the status of your transfer says "cancelled", "failed" or "refunded", rest assured that we have sent the funds back to your bank. Some delays apply for the funds to be visible on your account or for the initial transaction to disappear from your bank statement.
- All geographies except US/CAN: please allow up to 3-5 business days for this to be processed (usual bank/card issuer timeframe)
- US:CAN: please allow up to 10 business days for this to be processed (usual bank/card issuer timeframe)
- Germany (Sofort): Due to the way Sofort payments work, refunds can take a little longer to process - in some cases - up to 7-10 days. Do not hesitate to review with your bank or contact us if you have any questions on this topic.
If your funds are not available after 5/10 business days, please get in touch with us for our Support team to assist you further.
I cannot add a card
There are a large number of reasons why your card might be rejected on our app. Please refer to the specific reason displayed on the app. We do not accept all cards and we only accept cards that are under the account holder's name. You can find a useful article below regarding this topic:
How do you add a card?
To add a card to your Taptap Send account, try to initiate a transfer, and the app will prompt you to enter your card details. The card must be under your name and can only be used on one account.
How do you change a card on the app:
If you want to use a different card instead, just select:
- Delete the card that is displayed
- Then add the card making sure it is under the name of the account holder
I have issues resetting my password
Find below a useful article on how to reset your password if you have forgotten it or if you simply want to create a new one.