How can you send money to Haiti?
You can send money to an e-wallet via Digicel Moncash.
How much will you pay to send to Haiti?
US/UK/EU/CA: We will simply charge a small % on the exchange rate and will not charge any extra fees at all.
How much can you send?
- Min: there's no minimum!
- Max: 75,000 HTG
- Wallet Limits: HTG 75,000
- Daily Limit: 5 transactions max up to HTG 75,000
- Monthly Max Limit: HTG 400,000
If you send money to the wrong person or to the wrong number, what can you do?
If you have made a mistake with the phone number, please get in touch with us so we can review the situation with you. Please contact us from your registered email address at: Support@taptapsend.com
Tips for the recipient
Please find below some useful information to help your recipient to cashout the funds with Digicel Moncash:
How your recipient can register for a Full Moncash wallet and receive their transfer
- Your recipient should visit a Digicel store with a valid identification card and complete the registration form that the store will provide.
- Once their wallet has been upgraded to a Full wallet, your recipient must consent to receive international transfers. This is simply done by dialing *202# then option 6 then 1 then 1 - or visit the MonCash app.
What happens if your recipient does not register for a Full Moncash wallet?
- If your recipient does not have a Full wallet and does not register for one within 3 days of you sending the money, Digicel will send an SMS to your receiver giving them the option to pick up the money in cash at a Fonkoze location. The SMS will contain a reference number which the recipient must provide to the Fonkoze agent.
How does the MonCash wallet work in Haiti?
- Full Wallet MonCash users can hold money in their MonCash account for day-to-day purchases, withdraw money from their MonCash account, purchase Digicel bundles of minutes or data, pay affiliated merchants, and pay bills.
- Your recipient can find a list and map of Digicel MonCash stores in Haiti by clicking here.
- If your recipient needs to call Digicel MonCash with any questions they can call 111 from Digicel mobile, or (509) 37.11-DIGI or (509) 126.96.36.199 from a Non Mobile. Alternatively, they can contact them on Facebook here or Instagram here.
- For more information regarding the Moncash product click here.