How can I send money to Congo?
You can send money to an e-wallet via MTN, Airtel Mobile Money
How much can I send?
How much you can send depends on the mobile wallet operator you want to send money to, here are the specifics:
- With Airtel mobile wallets
- The maximum per transaction is 750,000 XAF
- The maximum per day is 750,000 XAF
- The maximum per week is 1,000,000 XAF
- The maximum per month is 2,000,000 XAF
- With MTN mobile wallets
- The maximum per transaction is 100,000 XAF
- The maximum per day is 300,000 XAF
- The maximum per week is 500,000 XAF
- The maximum per month is 1,000,000 XAF
I sent money to the wrong number, what can I do?
Airtel and MTN
If you made a mistake with the recipient’s phone number unfortunately there is nothing we can do as the funds cannot be reversed. It is important to always double check before sending your transfer to make sure the details are accurate. Taptap Send allows editing everything until the very last step for that reason.
I sent money to the wrong person, what can I do?
Airtel and MTN
Unfortunately, we cannot modify transfers sent to a Mobile Money wallet but an issue with the name should not be a problem as long as the phone number is correct. Please make sure that you enter the Name and Surname of the recipient.
Tips for the beneficiary:
- In order to register their phone to Airtel money, your recipient can go to the nearest Airtel store or dial * 128 # and click on ok.
- Your recipient can check their balance by dialling *137#.
- Your recipient can either cash out the money or pay bills directly with their mobile phone through the following services: SNE, SNDE, Canal +, TNT Africa, Startimes.
- Your recipient can type *128*4 # to see on their phone the list of Airtel agencies. The list can also be found here.
- For further assistance, your recipient can contact Airtel support by dialling 121 from an Airtel mobile or (+242) 05 00 00 121. Alternatively, they can contact them via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact them on Facebook.
- And also, if your recipient cannot cash out the funds, it’s always worth trying another branch of an Airtel store.
- Your recipient can either cash out the money or pay bills directly from their phone by dialling *104# and choosing the relevant option.
- You recipient can cash out the funds at an MTN agent by searching the nearest agent in this list.
- They can reset their Momo code pin by dialling *105# and choosing option 5 (my account), and option 5 again (Reset pin code).
- For further assistance, your recipient can contact them on Facebook, Twitter or by calling them on WhatsApp at +242 (06 670 01 23) or the number 123.
- Also, if your recipient cannot cash out the funds, it’s always worth trying another branch of an MTN store.