How can you send money to Congo?
You can send money to an e-wallet via MTN, Airtel Mobile Money
How much will you pay to send to Congo?
You will pay a flat fee of 2,50 EUR from Europe.
If you are not sending from Europe, we will simply charge a small % on the exchange rate and will not charge any extra fees at all.
How much can you send?
How much you can send depends on the mobile wallet operator you have selected:
- With Airtel mobile wallets
- The maximum per transaction is 750,000 XAF
- The maximum per day is 750,000 XAF
- The maximum per week is 1,000,000 XAF
- The maximum per month is 2,000,000 XAF
- With MTN mobile wallets
- The maximum per transaction is 100,000 XAF
- The maximum per day is 300,000 XAF
- The maximum per week is 500,000 XAF
- The maximum per month is 1,000,000 XAF
If you sent money to the wrong person or to the wrong number, what can you do?
Airtel and MTN
If you made a mistake with the recipient’s phone number unfortunately there is nothing we can do as the funds cannot be reversed. The name should not be that much of a problem as long as the phone number is correct.
It is important to always double-check before sending your transfer to make sure the details are accurate. Taptap Send allows editing everything until the very last step for that reason.
Tips for the recipient:
- In order to register their phone to Airtel money, your recipient can go to the nearest Airtel store or dial * 128 # and click on ok
- Your recipient can check their balance by dialling *137#
- Your recipient can either cash out the money or pay bills directly with their mobile phone through the following services: SNE, SNDE, Canal +, TNT Africa, Startimes
- Your recipient can type *128*4 # to see on their phone the list of Airtel agencies. The list can also be found here
- For further assistance, your recipient can contact Airtel support by dialling 121 from an Airtel mobile or (+242) 05 00 00 121. Alternatively, they can contact them via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact them on Facebook.
- And also, if your recipient cannot cash out the funds in a certain agency, it’s always worth trying another branch of an Airtel store.
- Your recipient can either cash out the money or pay bills directly from their phone by dialling *104# and choosing the relevant option
- You recipient can cash out the funds at an MTN agent by searching the nearest agent in this list
- They can reset their Momo code pin by dialling *105# and choosing option 5 (my account), and option 5 again (Reset pin code)
- For further assistance, your recipient can contact them on Facebook, Twitter or by calling them on WhatsApp at +242 (06 670 01 23) or the number 123
- Also, if your recipient cannot cash out the funds in a certain agency, it’s always worth trying another branch of an MTN store